How do I choose a LED driver?
Choosing the right LED driver is like choosing the right tool for the job. First, you need to know what that job is! Here are the main questions you should have the answers to before choosing a driver:
- What type of LEDs are being used and how many?
- What type of power will be used? (batteries, automotive, household, etc)
- What are the size limitations, if any?
- What are the main design goals? (size, cost, efficiency, performance, etc)
- What features are desired? (dimming, pulsing, microprocessor control, etc)
Once these questions have been answered, choosing the correct driver is a matter is finding what is currently available and determining if it is suitable for your application. Use the following table to help in determining if a driver is available for your application. Select the part number to find out more about the selected driver. If you cannot locate a driver suitable for your application, you may consider contacting a driver engineering company (like LEDdynamics Inc.) to have a driver designed for your specific application. Many of the LuxDrive line of LED drivers can be redesigned for fit your application at little or no additional cost. Contact LuxDrive Support for more information.